Monday, April 13, 2015

A Little Spring in My Closet

My how much my style has evolved over the years! Three to four years ago, I would have never in my wildest of dreams purchased an item this bright! When I first saw this skirt at the store, I originally grabbed the navy/black version and paired it with a same navy plaid shirt below. The combination looked good and it was "safe" for me. But I never ended up purchasing either item that day.

I kept my eye out for the skirt online and was waiting for a good sale. I figured the navy/black skirt was a perfect basic that I would be able to pair with anything. But I think this Spring time weather really inspired me to think outside the box and so I originally put a neon yellow color in my cart and was ready to check out. Then at the very last minute, I realized that I had previously bought a long yellow maxi skirt and although it was my favorite color, I had only worn it once. Maybe I wasn't as adventurous as I'd like to think, so I went back to the navy/black color! I went back and forth in my head for a while... Pisces... I tell ya! haha. Then I have absolutely no idea what possessed me to do this... but I purchased both a navy/black and this "neon papaya" color at the very last second!

Spring Capsule Outfits #4

I guess I was determined to put a little "spring in my step" or at least in my closet! :) I had no idea what I was going to pair this skirt with besides a white top (the obvious choice). So, having to stay true to my three shopping guideline questions, I decided to jump on polyvore to experiment with this color. I like having my virtual closet online. I pretty much own each item in the sets or something very similar. For example, I do not own earrings that are $32k, or nude heels that are $500 bucks! yikes. Nonetheless, I love playing dress up without the hassle of trying on each outfit. Per my guidelines I had come up with at least three different ways I could wear this skirt. It already fit well into my monthly budget since I bought it on a 50% off sale + an additional 20% off. When it finally arrived, the fit was perfect and so I decided, why not?! 

When I went to the store return the navy/black color. I came across this light weight sweater. Suddenly, I started to see fireworks! I decided to experiment yet again and tried the orange skirt, the blush sweater, and a white statement necklace together. I absolutely loved the pairing! It was a perfect spring outfit and I already had an event in my mind to which I would wear it to. But sadly, they didn't have the sweater in my size. :( I'm keeping my eye out and hopefully it will go on sale again soon online.  

I'm learning to have fun  with my style and not take it so seriously. In case you are interested in trying the monochromatic trend, I ironically just read this post by Marlene from Messages on a Napkin. She has six great ideas on how to ease in and give it a try yourself!

I love to read your comments/feedback. Which look is your favorite?





2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you went with the bright skirt! Such a fun color.

    Bummer, my favorite look is the pink sweater + necklace + skirt. I hope you are able to find a pink sweater in your size, or another pink top to go with it! I am all about crazy color combos...wearing bright colors together just makes ME happy, and, it's pretty trendy these days!

    I could see the skirt transitioning into Fall paired with the grey sweater, really like that look too. I hope you will post a picture of an outfit you come up with!

    ♥ perfectly Priya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Priya! Bright colors make me happy as well! :) Actually, the pink and grey sweater looks are both my top favorite too! Looks like jcrew factory is having a sale online, so I'm very cheat and pick one up although April is suppose to be a Shopping Fast month.

      I'm working up the courage to post some outfit pics soon! :)

      Delete